At Aylestone School we encourage students to grasp every opportunity available to them, both inside and outside of school. This will inevitably develop their knowledge and skills, and will enhance their experience, which in turn will help them move on to the next stage in their careers/education:
At Aylestone, we provide an extensive list of support structures which will help guide our students in making those next step choices. Some of these opportunities are listed below;
- Careers talks delivered by outside speakers during assemblies. All years have this opportunity.
- Options Evening for our Year 9 students.
- Year 9 – 11 students have the opportunity to attend our extensive and successful Careers Evening held in March each year at Aylestone.
- Various Year groups have the opportunity to attend trips to local employers, colleges, universities and training providers.
- KS4 students have the opportunity to attend open evenings/mornings held by the Colleges/Sixth Form and other training providers.
- Year 10 – 11 will attend Careers meetings with our dedicated Careers Adviser, Mrs Davies.
- Taking part in extra-curricular activities in and out of school provides the opportunity for students to get a taste of future employment/educational options.
- Year 11 Mock Interviews – getting them ready for life after school. Students are encouraged to create CV’s where invited professionals will then interview them.
- Years 8-11 use KUDOS (an online Careers support package) to help students to start exploring their future.
Every March we hold our annual Careers Evening for Years 9, 10 and 11. This evening is always well attended and as a school, we encourage students and parents/guardians to attend. This event enables them to have the opportunity to network with experts from various professions.
Year 11 Mock Interviews
To prepare Year 11 for their next step, we organise Mock Interviews. These interviews are held in December each year. The students will complete a CV and will be interviewed by invited professionals.
Mr Nicholas Moores – Assistant Headteacher – Careers Lead